An Interdisciplinary Art & Science Project
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
As part of Forams 2018, conference delegates are invited to take part in Shellscapes – an interdisciplinary art and science project that will begin during the conference in Edinburgh. Delegates are asked to contribute images based on and inspired by foraminifera: these may be drawings, scans, sculptures, photographs, using any form and media. We encourage you to be creative and adventurous!
ALL images submitted will be exhibited as digital projections in the conference buildings.
SELECTED images will be displayed in a range of formats – as printed images or as transfers to ‘float’ in the window spaces. An image will also be selected for reproduction as an art card for inclusion in the delegate packs, as a special reminder of Forams 2018.
It is also the intention that Shellscapes will tour to other venues after the conference.
WHAT TO SEND:
Initial File size: Up to 12MB
Format: JPEG or TIFF files
Max number of images: 3 per delegate
WHEN TO SEND:
You are invited to submit the images to SHELLSCAPES between 1st – 15th May 2018.
Deadline EXTENDED TO 21 MAY 2018.
Please fill in this proforma with the following information when submitting your images:
- Who created the image
- Where the foram was collected/ from where it originates
- What is the medium, technique used to create the image
- What type of foram is it/ is it based on
- Any other connections/ thoughts words (up to 100 max)
- In taking part in the project, you give permission for the organisers to use your images during the project.
- All images will be fully credited