Ambassadors

[accordion clicktoclose=”true”]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-andre” title=”Andre Rosch Rodrigues“]

My field of interest is biodiversity of benthic foraminifera and their use in oceanography and marine ecology. I already worked with foraminifera assemblages in coastal and estuarine areas (mangroves), and in the Antarctic Sea. Most recently, I have started to use some biomolecular tools to extract forams DNA direct from the specimens or from the marine sediment, and I am also working with benthic forams as proxies of paleoproductivity in a south Brazilian Basin.

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-fabiana” title=”Fabiana Almeida“]

I am a biologist and I did my master’s degree in geology at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. After that, I worked for seven years as a research assistant, specifically with benthic foraminifera, in research projects that aimed to understand the evolution of the south eastern Brazilian marginal basins based on biostratigraphy, paleoecology, and paleoceanography.

Now, I’m getting ready to start my PhD in 2018, and I am interested in studying recent benthic foraminiferal assemblages and their relationships with distinct water masses properties and productivity.

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-lucia” title=”Lucia Rivero Cuesta“]

I am a PhD student at the University of Zaragoza working on Eocene benthic foraminifera and trying to unravel their history during hyperthermal events. “The past is the key to the future”, or that is what I learnt during her Erasmus in Edinburgh.

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-celestine” title=”Celestine Nwojiji“]

I am a PhD Student at the School Of Environmental Sciences, University Of Liverpool. I am Investigating ecosystem functioning and trait changes in foraminifera during the Palaeocene – Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM).

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-angelina” title=”Angelina Ivkic“]

I am originally from Austria, but I am doing my Master´s degree at the University of Utrecht (Netherlands), and I am currently conducting a master thesis about the calcification mechanisms in various foraminifera at the royal NIOZ. My goal is to understand and compare the exact mechanisms of calcification in different species to improve our understanding, and the calibration of proxies, as well as to be able to predict how calcification will be influenced by ocean acidification. By next summer, I will be done with my experiments and would love to present and discuss my results at FORAMS2018. I am also very excited to hear about the research of all the specialists in the field!

Apart from the scientific aspect, I am a passionate diver and enjoy climbing and hiking and love to travel – and therefore, I am also very excited to be in Scotland for the first time!

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-clare” title=”Clare Bird“]

I am interested in the biology and genetics of forams, and how they interact with other organisms in their environment, particularly with bacteria.

I also love going to the climbing wall, and playing a little tennis, although I am not very good at either!

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-fiona” title=”Fiona Mueller Lundin“]

I am in my last year of studies reading Biology and Geography at the University of St Andrews. I am interested in the effects of climate change on calcifying organisms such as foraminifera. Currently I am working on my dissertation looking at the combined effects of modified ocean pH and temperature on two species of benthic foraminifera in Scotland.

[/accordion-item]

[accordion-item class=”ambassador-fabricio” title=”Fabricio Guaman Guevara“]

I am a PhD student in the School of Geography and Geosciences at the University of St Andrews. Currently, my PhD project focuses on how ocean chemistry changes due to rising CO2concentrations, and how this may affect foraminiferal growth rates and fundamental feeding structures. At FORAMS2018, I will present some of the effects of ocean acidification on intertidal benthic foraminifera through manipulative mesocosm experiments. Looking forward to welcoming and support all members of the FORAM community.

[/accordion-item]

[/accordion]